Litter management is an issue spanning multiple industries and interest groups. The solution to keeping litter out of our public spaces requires a holistic approach encompassing behavioural psychology, community engagement, logistics of local governments, technology, education, city planning and packaging design. KAB NSW facilitates communication between these distinct bodies to produce a collaborative approach for overall best practice.
With an emphasis on thoughtful and research-based methods of inquiry and with input from a range of sectors, the Litter Congress is the opportunity for individuals and groups involved in litter management, prevention and reduction to assemble to jointly tackle littering and behaviour change in an interactive environment.
Abstracts are now invited for presentations on the following themes:
- Litter Research
- Product stewardship
- Policy trends
- Local government
- Public place littering challenges
- Industry best practice
- Psychology of littering
- Community or council case studies
- Behaviour change
- Education for litter reduction
- Infrastructure to reduce litter
- Collaboration and partnership
- Particular problem wastes e.g. cigarette butts, coffee cups, straws
- Marine litter
Submissions close Thursday 27 February 2020
Due to the large number of submissions received each year, a review committee will carefully consider submissions of abstracts. Where possible the committee will place your presentation into a session, however it may not be possible to accommodate every submission. The review committee also reserves the right to suggest amendments to improve the suitability of presentations prior to acceptance.
All accepted presentations will be published in the Litter Congress 2020 Green Paper.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
All Abstracts must be submitted online. If you are unable to submit using the online form, please contact the Congress Secretariat for further information (phone Emma McVie on 0404 517 058 or email email@example.com). Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email within 2 working days.
The following information will be required for your submission:
- Presenter and Co-Presenter contact details, title and organisation
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Biographies (we recommend no more than 80 words per biography)
- Presenter and Co-Presenter Photograph (optional)
- Presentation Title
- 50-word Presentation Synopsis
- Abstract (Up to 400 words of text)
All submitting authors will be asked to confirm the following statements:
- I confirm that each co-author, if any, has been informed of this submission and has agreed to all the information provided by me.
- I consent to publication of all or part of the abstract in materials relating to the Symposium, including but not limited to the program, advertising, social media and email promotions.
- I confirm that this abstract is original work and as the principal author, I am responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- I understand that the invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer by Keep Australia Beautiful NSW or sponsors of the Congress to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the event.
- I understand that no fee will be paid for a presentation. If my abstract is accepted, I agree to register for the Congress no later than 24 April 2020 and will pay a discounted registration fee in recognition of my contribution. I understand that failure to register by the due date may result in my presentation being withdrawn from the program.